We are seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Writer and Publishers Relations team in London. You need to have strong customer service and administrative skills as servicing our clients are our No.1 priority. You are also a natural organizer able to juggle multiple priorities as well as a true team-player helping out where there’s a need and with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and internal teams alike.
To be successful in the role, you need to have a good grasp of music publishing, including various copyright terms, knowing who the key organizations and stakeholders are and how royalties flow in this highly complex part of the industry.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER IN WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS DO AT KOBALT?
- You act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- You ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements
- You develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- You liaise with most internal teams from the Legal and Creative team to ensure that all information required before a deal is closed is complete and correct to Copyright, regarding catalogue registrations as well as Royalties regarding the quarterly distribution for client accounts
- You will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in a client-facing account management role with a solid understanding of the role of a music publisher and the associated key terminology e.g., explaining the rights flow of copyright, royalties etc.
- You are an adaptable and interpersonal team player comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- You are a detail-driven and highly organized person, and can work independently while maintaining professionalism and poise in high pressure situations
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as Google Workspace, and in particular confident in working with and manipulating data using Excel
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.