Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking a hard-working and motivated people-person to support our successful team manage our performer client’s accounts at neighbouring rights societies around the world.
The role predominantly involves general administrative work such as client and recording database maintenance, but the role offers a lot of autonomy so being highly organised and detail-oriented is essential.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story!
WHAT DOES A SOCIETY RELATIONS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Acts as our primary contact for a portfolio of societies across all levels
- Ensures our clients’ accounts are managed correctly at the collection societies through maintaining strong relationships and querying discrepancies across a diverse range of issues
- Arranges data exchanges for repertoire registration at the collection societies
- Responsible for maintaining our society knowledge bank in a timely manner
- Analyses data to assist with prioritisation and royalty tracking
- Point person for their area of team expertise
- Provides guidance to team admin assistant with priorities and processes reviews
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous NR is not essential but previous admin experience in a rights collections role is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally and so we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to the audience
- Advanced organisational skills and ability to track and monitor documentation processes in an efficient manner
- Ability to work accurately, independently, to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Able to proposes options for escalated problem solving
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs. Google Suite Experience an advantage
- An eye for detail, with an accuracy and detail-driven mind-set
- Innovative and in interest in technology
- French Speaking an advantage