Joining the growing Royalties team in our London office, the Assistant Royalties Manager will coordinate workflows within a small team to assist the Royalties Manager to ensure global publishing royalties can be delivered to our clients in an accurate and timely manner by running operational reporting and analysis for the team to execute efficient and accurate processing of royalties’ data.
You will need the ability to remain optimistic and persistent when working to document, revise, track and develop existing processes that enable the team to ingest, allocate and generate royalty payments from incoming royalty data reconciled against Kobalt’s database for accurate royalty flow to clients.
To effectively support the Royalties Manager high levels of confidence in decision making will be required when faced with new process requests and amending existing procedures to keep Kobalt process up to date with changes to incoming reports and industry standards.
You will often be required to work with key stakeholders within the Royalties department, wider operational department (such as our copyright department) tech and client relations teams. This will require excellent communication skills as well as a detail-driven mind-set to translate requirements into concise proposals of action.
You will need to be comfortable with working within structured set processes and leading colleagues responsible for repetitive and data heavy tasks while remaining positive and determined to complete all assignments accurately and efficiently.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS AN ASSISTANT ROYALTIES MANAGER?
- You execute and document process changes as required to ensure royalty data into Kobalt’s bespoke rights management platform is processed efficiently.
- You ensure best practise is documented and maintained so colleagues have the information and direction they require to follow process steps and solve processing exceptions.
- You assist the Royalties Manager in evaluating the success of automated processes, assessing effort vs output to ensure automation levels remain optimal.
- You interpret information received from our Copyright teams regarding any changes made to incoming royalty reporting or deal structures to and ensure our processing methods are altered when necessary.
- You make sure that data files due are received accurately, on a timely basis, and reconciled accordingly against payments received in line with internal schedules, standards and deadlines.
- You run and keep on top of multiple regular reports so key stakeholders have up to date information required to assess performance of process and evaluate potential impact on client statements.
- You coordinate and manage direct reports ad hoc needs and development.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You can demonstrate a solid understanding of music publishing, copyright & royalty processes.
- You have strong numeracy, attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills.
- You have excellent communication skills with experience communicating to a wide-ranging audience of varying seniority, skill, and knowledge.
- You may have some experience in supervising, managing and motivating team members.
- You have a track-record of excellent organization & prioritisation skills working under high pressure and to tight deadlines.
- You have an ability to think of improvements to existing tools and processes to continually enhance what we do to achieve our goals.
- You are comfortable using Excel to calculate %’s and manipulate large sets of data using formulas and pivot tables.
- You have a ideally knowledge of SQL or other domain-specific language used in programming.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.