Joining our London-based Distributions team, the Assistant Manager will support the Manager in the day-to-day operations delivering global Neighbouring Rights royalties to our clients in an accurate and timely manner.
This role requires you to have an ability to investigate and troubleshoot complex royalty reconciliation and allocation issues when working on the end-to-end processing of royalties and statement generation for our clients.
It would be music to our ears if you have experience of VBA and SQL and an ability to write simple queries, but it’s essential that you have working experience in royalty administration and processing in either a record label, publisher or collection society. You are also someone who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and have a detail-driven mindset as well as remain positive and determined to complete repetitive and data-heavy tasks accurately and efficiently.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, DISTRIBUTIONS IN NEIGHBOURING RIGHTS DO?
- You will manipulate incoming source royalty statements in preparation for ingestion in to our system
- Assist with accurate generation of client royalty statements to strict deadlines
- Liaise with other NR teams to ensure royalties are generated and accounted to clients in line with contractual obligations
- Maintain internal databases ensuring generation of royalties to clients accounts
- Take ownership of the month-end quality assurance and account review tasks
- Run operational reporting and analysis
- Assist with royalty audits when required
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding and training of new joiners
- Work with Technology and Product teams to define and scope developments to the royalty platform
- Act as team lead when the Distribution Manager is on leave
- Take on additional ad hoc tasks as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in a similar role with a solid understanding of music publishing, copyright & royalty processes and can demonstrate a passion for Neighbouring Rights
- You have exceptional numeracy, attention to detail, accuracy and analytical skills
- You are an excellent communicator, with experience building relationships with a wide-ranging audience of varying seniority, skill, and knowledge
- You are a natural people person, with an ability to engage and motivate other team members
- You have a track-record of excellent organization & prioritisation skills working under high pressure and to tight deadlines
- You are very comfortable using Excel manipulating large sets of data using formulas and pivot tables
- Having knowledge of VBA and SQL or other domain-specific languages used in programming is preferred, but not required
WHY CHOOSE US?
Through centralized, automated and efficient administration services using the latest technology, our Neighbouring Rights team offer a reduction in royalty collection time of up to 50%, more effective collection as well as substantially improved transparency to ensure performers are paid fairly around the world.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!