Kobalt Music’s Publishing department is looking for a personable and professional Assistant Manager to join the team that manages the copyright administration for the US societies. The role is based in our Nashville office, reporting to the Copyright Manager and managing two direct reports all based in our London office.
As well as improving processes and project-manage areas of development, other day to day tasks include ensuring our clients’ song and agreement details are correctly registered at performing rights organizations in the US, most notably BMI and SESAC through direct management of the team.
To be successful in the role, you need to be a proactive self-starter with a track-record of working successfully within an international team communicating comfortably internally and externally across a wide variety of teams and with senior colleagues and other parties across the business. A background or deep knowledge and understanding of music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies, as well as admin experience is essential to hit the ground running.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, COPYRIGHT DO AT KOBALT?
- Manage and support the team’s day to day tasks to ensure catalogue registrations are correct at US societies, predominantly BMI & SESAC
- Build fruitful relationships with US societies and seek opportunities to bridge any knowledge gaps.
- Bring attention to high priority and urgent items with relevant stakeholders in an effective manner, and proactively put together plans of action until resolutions are reached.
- Seek opportunities to improve our processes, collaborate with colleagues to implement new processes, and project-manage areas of development from concept to completion.
Above list is not exhaustive and there may be ad-hoc projects from the Team’s Copyright Manager and any other senior colleagues.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is essential along with database management experience
- Track record of managing others in terms of support, workload management and development
- Communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience and acts with a sense of urgency to all matters
- History of organization and prioritization skills as well as short- and long-term project management
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set and as well as highly numerate
- Tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software quickly – proficient user of Microsoft and Google programs, such as Excel, Sheets and Gmail
- Basic Excel skills are preferred but not essential as well as ability to to manipulate and analyze numerical data
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.