We are seeking a fluent Spanish-speaker with a client and stakeholder-focused mindset, strong administrative skills and a good grasp of the music publishing industry to join our global Publishing Operations team.
Based in Miami, this newly created role is an exciting opportunity to support our teams in servicing our LatAm songwriters and publishers, manage the copyright administration for the LatAm and North American territories and act as the liaison between the main UK based Copyright department and Kobalt’s network of publishers and other organisations in Latin America, helping to bridge any knowledge gaps regarding relevant societies, copyright, licensing, and other areas of the music industry.
Day to day tasks include ensuring our clients’ song and agreement details are correctly registered at performing rights organisations in LatAm and North America, as well as answering general queries regarding the catalogue we represent there.
You are a team-player as well as a proactive self-starter with the ambition to work successfully within an international team building strong relationships internally and externally across a wide variety of teams, senior colleagues and other parties across the business.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER IN COPYRIGHT DO?
You will assist the team administering Kobalt’s catalogue in Latin and North America and act as Kobalt’s liaison between the UK-based Copyright team and our contacts in LatAm ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly dealing with enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
You will continue to build fruitful relationships with LatAm-based societies and music publishers providing support for handling work/agreement registrations, queries and disputes
You bring attention to high priority and urgent items with relevant stakeholders in an effective manner, and seek opportunities to improve our processes, collaborate with colleagues to implement new processes, and project-manage areas of development from concept to completion
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Fluent, written and verbally, in Spanish and English
- Experience in a client-facing, account management or in a similar role in the music industry with previous admin and copyright experience in the music industry
- You have database management experience as well as experience manipulating and analysing data being highly detail-driven and organised, with an analytical mindset
- You are a natural communicator, with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain long-lasting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- You are comfortable working independently but can also adapt to changing priorities as things tend to change in fast-paced and evolving environments
- You are passionate about music, and an interest and understanding of the LatAm music market
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.