Kobalt Music’s Publishing Operations department is looking for a personable and professional Assistant Manager to be responsible for our Sub-Publisher relationships. The role will primarily assist in correctly registering works and agreements at many of our Sub-Publishers in varying territories, as well as carrying out all related tasks to maintain and manage our catalogue to highest standards, including working with royalties.
To be successful in the role, you need to be a proactive self-starter with a track-record of working successfully within an international team communicating comfortably internally and externally across a wide variety of teams and with senior colleagues and other parties across the business. A background or deep knowledge and understanding of music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies is essential to hit the ground running.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER IN COPYRIGHT DO AT KOBALT?
- You will ensure works and agreements are registered correctly at sub-publishers and deal with enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handle song disputes and duplicate claims, processing new works and agreements as well as royalty statements received from the sub-publishers
- Analyze royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, and working with the sub-publishers to resolve these issues
- Bring attention to high priority and urgent items with relevant stakeholders in an effective manner, and proactively put together plans of action until resolutions are reached
- Build fruitful relationships with our sub-publishers and seek opportunities to improve our processes
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is essential
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience and acts with a sense of urgency to all matters
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- Tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software quickly – proficient user of Microsoft and Google programs, such as Excel, Sheets and Gmail
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.