Assistant Manager, Copyright (Italian Speaking)
at Kobalt Music Group
Kobalt Music’s Publishing Operations department is looking for a personable and professional Italian speaking Assistant Manager to be responsible for our relationships with collection societies in Italy and Benelux.
To be successful in the role, you need to be a proactive self-starter with a track-record of working successfully within an international team communicating comfortably internally and externally across a wide variety of teams and with senior colleagues and other parties across the business. A background or deep knowledge and understanding of music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies is essential to hit the ground running.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER IN COPYRIGHT DO AT KOBALT?
- You oversee the management of our catalogue across Collection Societies in Italy and Benelux and represent Kobalt externally, in relevant committees and source meetings.
- You provide support and updates to colleagues within Kobalt, with regards to your respective sources.
- You regularly engage with and build fruitful relationships with the relevant sources and seek opportunities to bridge any knowledge gaps.
- You effectively escalate any issues as well as build and maintain knowledge of local industry developments/policies.
- You seek opportunities to improve our processes, collaborate with colleagues across various departments to implement new processes, and project-manage areas of development from concept to completion.
Above list is not exhaustive and there may be ad-hoc projects from the Team’s Copyright Manager and any other senior colleagues.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A high level of written and spoken Italian, as well as English, is essential (written and spoken French & Dutch is desirable).
- You have previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing.
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to the audience and acts with a sense of urgency to all matters.
- Track record of excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software quickly – proficient user of Microsoft and Google programs, such as Excel, Sheets and Gmail.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below.
To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.