We are seeking an Assistant Manager, Writer & Publisher Relations with strong interpersonal and numerical skills to join our market-leading team in Berlin.
You are a confident team-player with strong interpersonal skills and ideally a background in music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies. You are confident in a client-facing, account management role, and have a track-record of providing excellent customer service and building long-term relationships. The Assistant Manager will communicate with Kobalt publishing clients as well as senior colleagues across the business on a regular basis.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
WHAT DOES A ASSISTANT MANAGER, CLIENT RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Work closely with Kobalt’s Legal and Creative team to ensure that all information required before a deal is closed is complete and correct
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- Process new client agreements and coordinate the ingestion of new compositions and catalogues with Kobalt’s Copyright Department
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Gain an in-depth understanding of collection society structures and processes, focusing on the nuances of the Germany/Austria/Switzerland market and using that knowledge to be able to advise and educate clients.
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Royalty Department to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Fluency in both German and English – with confidence at being able to use both languages in a business environment
- Experience working in a client-facing position for a music publisher and/or a PRO is ideal, as well as being comfortable with a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Track record of working independently where multi-tasking, adapting to changing priorities, and managing high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise is part of the daily routine
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Can demonstrate high levels of numeracy as well as strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Gsuite