As an Assistant Manager on the Onboarding team managing the transition of major deals and acquisitions into Kobalt’s proprietary system, you will work very closely with a dedicated tech team and have the opportunity to input on developments of tools and processes to improve efficiency.
The primary focus of the client Onboarding team is to work in conjunction with our Tech team to transition the new clients’ data onto Kobalt’s proprietary systems and into the ongoing day-to-day processes of the core Operational teams (such as Copyright, Finance, Business Affairs, Synchronisation etc.).
Working closely with other teams such as Clients & Synch, you get a much deeper understanding of Copyright data and each project you work on will present its unique challenges so perfect if you enjoy problem solving and have an interest in knowing more about programming, code and how Kobalt’s proprietary system works.
The role is ideal if you have previous experience in copyright and end-to-end processes across music publishing and looking for a more technical, data-driven role. But more importantly, you are a detail-oriented and flexible team player comfortable with rapidly evolving priorities, with very strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in communicating with key stakeholders and high-profile clients.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, CLIENT ONBOARDING DO?
- Initiates, owns, reviews & updates Onboarding plan to coordinate the ingestion of new works and agreements – manages issues and escalates to senior management for decision and resolution if needed
- Establishes & builds upon good relationships across multiple business areas and Kobalt’s publishing clients
- Processes data reports prepared by the technical colleagues of the Onboarding Team, to prepare client data for ingestion into SAX
- Guiding & supporting the Copyright & Admin departments to plan and track the various tasks needed to transition to ‘business-as-usual”
- Consulting & informing the Clients team enable them to establish a plan for client allocation, and subsequently monitor progress of handover to plan
- Act as the primary project point of contact for any internal queries relating to those clients
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society
- A thorough understanding of Kobalt’s internal processes
- A good understanding and knowledge of technical aspects relevant to Kobalt (i.e. the portal, statement processing, data ingestion formats etc.)
- Strong organisational, project management and analytical skills
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast paced & evolving environment
- Highly numerate with good Microsoft Excel skills; SQL experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.