We are looking for a personable, process-driven and curious individual to join Kobalt Music’s Copyright team in London. The primary role of the Copyright Assistant is to take ownership of essential tasks focused on ultimately ensuring our client’s are paid when their songs are played on radio, TV or streamed online.
To be successful in the role, you need to have an interest in Music Publishing, and Copyright in particular. You’ll be joining a collaborative and dedicated team working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment where a high level attention to detail is essential. We are also looking for organisational and prioritisation skills, as well as an inquisitive and curious mindset.
And in return you get to work with a team and organisation where your ideas and suggestions on how to maximise value for our clients are always welcome.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- You will liaise with international publishers, collection societies and sub-publishers to ensure songs are correctly registered.
- You deal with general enquiries regarding our claims to those songs, and the terms of our music publishing agreements.
- You provide support and updates to colleagues within Kobalt, with regards to registration related processes
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are motivated to work in Music Publishing, and especially within Publishing Operations and Copyright.
- You are tech-savvy, analytical & experience working with Excel crunching numbers or working with large data sets.
- You have strong communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally.
- You have a strong attention to detail and a detail-driven mind-set.
- You are a natural team-player and self-starter with a track record of excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.