Assistant, Copyright – London
Kobalt Music’s Publishing department is looking for a strong administrator with excellent communication skills to join the Conflicts Resolution Team in London. The team is responsible for the essential final stages in Kobalt’s copyright processes, ensuring the rights to our clients songs are accurately registered with Collection Societies around the world. Solving these conflicts and other rejection issues is key to ensuring our clients are compensated for whenever their songs are played, for example on radio or streamed online.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. We are a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- You ensure that claims to our catalogue are maintained globally when copyright disputes arise, and work to resolve conflicts with other publishers both independently and by collaborating with internal departments when needed.
- You are responsible for processes confirming the accurate registration of songs and publishing agreements that Kobalt represents on behalf of its clients around the world.
- You handle various queries from Collection Societies (PRS, ASCAP etc.) as well as sub-publishers (third-party publishers that handle Kobalt’s repertoire in some countries) regarding claims to our catalogue of songs.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are an excellent communicator with a high level of written and spoken English.
- You are a self-starter with strong organisation/prioritisation skills as well as a detail-driven mind-set.
- You are tech-savvy, analytical & have experience working with Excel crunching numbers or working with large data sets.
- Most importantly, you have a genuine interest in music publishing, and especially Copyright.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.