Kobalt Music Group
Kobalt Music, the music company of the future, is looking for someone with strong administrative and operational experience to join an international team that manages the global song registration process on behalf of our clients. Your role would ensure our repertoire of songs in East and South-East Asia are correctly registered allowing royalties to flow to our clients as their songs are played live or on radio or streamed online.
The ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated and proactive with an interest in data, systems and technology platforms. To be successful in the role, you also need excellent communication and great interpersonal skills, as well as a track-record of working to tight deadlines, but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. We are a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- You work across different time zones and collaborate closely with the London-based Copyright team, maintaining best practice for song registration processes
- You communicate with record labels, societies and publishers in the Asian territories to keep track of label claims on new releases
- You maintain and optimise client account information, ensuring that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements and assist with client agreement onboarding and catalogue ingestion.
- You work closely with members of Kobalt’s Writer & Publisher Relations department in other offices to ensure the successful administration of client accounts, including but not limited to registration submissions, song dispute management and resolution, and catalogue maintenance to ensure accurate and timely royalty collections.
- You undertake side projects with other team members on specialist topics including compiling and distributing the Asia Song Charts to internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in music publishing is not required, but highly desirable. Most importantly, you can demonstrate why you have a genuine interest in music publishing, and especially Copyright.
- You may have relevant administrative experience perhaps working in database management or using Excel manipulating and analysing data (especially numerical data).
- You are an excellent communicator with a high level of written and spoken Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
- You are a detail-driven, self-starter with strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
What members of the team say:
“Kobalt provides a new twist on music publishing, providing a modern and hi-tech approach to best support the goals and needs of our clients. At our Hong Kong office we maintain a friendly working environment, and have a small but tight knit team of experienced and passionate people.”
– Frederica Wong (Director, Kobalt Music Publishing APAC)
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritised creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential.
We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.