Kobalt Music Publishing is looking for an Assistant to work within the Contract Administration team based in Nashville that deals primarily with the interpretation, onboarding and administration of our client agreements. Making sure all contracts are entered correctly into our system is a critically important task, where accuracy is absolutely key to ensure both the claims we make on behalf of our clients and our reporting back to them are correct. The successful candidate will also be a natural communicator, a proactive and curious individual who is self-motivated and enjoys technical challenges and problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the music company of the future. We are a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT IN CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION DO AT KOBALT?
- You interpret and onboard key agreement terms from new long-form contracts into Kobalt’s bespoke publishing operations system.
- You help track and manage any conditional amendments to ongoing Kobalt publishing agreements.
- You act as the first point of contact for Copyright queries in regards to contract terms and conditions and make relevant system updates as required for amended agreement terms.
- You support the wider department’s strategic initiatives as we work to streamline and catalogue processes related to the successful administration of our client agreements.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience working with tasks that require a strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- You can demonstrate organization and prioritization skills as well as excellent communication skills as the duties require a very high level of communication with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software and systems quickly.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.