Joining a growing Clients team in London, the Assistant Admin Manager is a completely new role that will support the global team with the operational day-to-day.
In addition, the role will carry out distribution focused tasks such as identifying and correcting errors in client statements ahead of the close of the accounting period, and coordinating payment with the finance department for all Kobalt Music Publishing clients.
The primary roles of the client service team are to transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries.
As this role focuses heavily on critical administrative tasks and processes we require you to have a detail-driven mind-set and a comfortability with repetitive and data heavy tasks.
But as you will be working across several areas of the business, liaising with key stakeholders such as Copyright and Tech, you also need very strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a track record of improving processes.
In return, this role offers a great career with a fast-growing and cutting-edge company.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT ADMIN MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Liaising with Kobalt Tech department on statement production, including modifications and improvements to information included in the packs
- Coordination of any necessary corrections in our quarterly royalty processing with Kobalt’s Copyright and Tech teams to ensure accurate accounting to Clients
- Coordinating payment phases with the Kobalt Finance team
- Onboarding new clients as well as agreement maintenance coordinating the ingestion of new compositions and catalogues with Kobalt’s Copyright department
- Continuously work with other Kobalt departments to review and develop efficient processes
- Assist with pre-deal schedule reviews compiling all necessary information prior to Kobalt signing new agreements
- Act as a Client Support contact for administrative queries from Kobalt clients and filter to relevant members in the team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in music publishing, music copyright administration or with a performing rights society
- Tech-savvy and experience working with databases or ticketing systems as well as a track record of having improved, or suggested improvements, for how to make internal processes more efficient
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 1% of base salary if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
EYE TEST | Voucher scheme in partnership with Smart Employee Eyecare.
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including large summer & Christmas party!
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay, typically over a 12 month period.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate membership rates offered
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Covers both business and personal travel.