A&R Research Analyst
at Kobalt Music Group
Kobalt, the leading global independent music company, is seeking a A&R Research Analyst to join its team in Los Angeles. Your primary responsibility will be to scout new artists, evaluate song performance and improve our understanding of new music metrics.
This is a brand new role offering the opportunity to help drive our strategy as well as overall improve and innovate our A&R process and continue to build a future for creators!
WHAT DOES AN A&R RESEARCH ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- You collect, prepare, and explore a variety of music data, and construct new methods to draw insights using data.
- You communicate daily with the A&R team in the gathering and application of music insights, emerging artists and trends.
- You research global industry trends, emerging digital services providers, and social media platforms.
- You discover new artists through websites and apps including Music Connect, Instrumental, Chartmetric, Mediabase etc.
- You monitor unsigned artists on streaming, social media, & communicate any relevant milestones to the A&R team.
- You build models to predict artist performance in the future as well as design and complete weekly reporting for the global A&R team.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience working with streaming or research data analytics in the music industry.
- You have a working knowledge of relevant quantitative tools such as Music Connect, Instrumental, Chartmetric, Mediabase etc.
You are an expert in mining social media platforms for potential talent (including, but not limited to TikTok, Discord, Twitter and Instagram).
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and are comfortable handling large sets of data.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
- And most importantly, you have a deep love of music & discovering new artists, producers and songwriters & trends as well as an in-depth understanding of the music landscape.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.