Kobalt Music is looking for an enthusiastic, bright and organised administrative assistant with a passion for music to support the SVP, Synch & Brand Partnerships and the wider UK based sync team.
As a natural extension of the supported executive and the Sync team in their day-to-day activity you will need to be an excellent organiser and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams and external contacts.
The successful candidate will have previous support experience in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment as well as a track record of managing ever-changing schedules, conflicting priorities and planning international travel across multiple time zones.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized.
This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES AN ADMINISTRATiVE ASSISTANT, SYNC AT KOBALT DO?
Provide administrative support, including:
- Heavy scheduling and calendar management
- Booking regular department meetings, internal and external.
- Maintaining, organising and submitting expensesManaging call volume
- Prioritising to do lists and call logs
- Coordinating travel
- Managing department resources
- Assisting with organising departmental events
- Assisting the Sync team as needed
- Attending meetings and circulating meeting notes, as needed
- Liaise with other departments at Kobalt for various projects and meetings
- Assist in creating and distributing various synch reports for Kobalt clients
- Send weekly synch activity reports to the global company
- Maintain a system for reviewing pending deals, payments and other synch licensing activity
- Market the Kobalt catalog, including sending weekly newsletters to the music supervisor community
- Assist with presentations, reports and other tasks as assigned
- Provide back-up administrative support to the department as needed
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality
- Provide additional administrative and creative support as needed, such as database logging, sourcing audio, tagging music, servicing TV production companies with rights information and instrumentals, TV blanket licensing enquiries.
- Attend gigs and events as and when required. We have many live shows every month and you will be required to be present at some of these. This is not a 9 to 5 role
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience, preferably supporting and/or interacting with senior level executives;
- Music industry experience with knowledge of the recorded and music publishing businesses preferred
- PA experience desirable
- A passion for music
- A team player
- Proficiency in Gmail and Gsuite; Proficiency with Google Drive, Photoshop, Mailchimp and iMovie also preferred
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities, and deal with stress in a productive manner
- Great initiative with the ability to be collaborative, demonstrate strong judgment, professionalism and poise
- Confident self-starter, able to take own initiative and act in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be resourceful are imperative
- Highly productive and proactive
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume & evolving environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week.
- Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval