Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in a new role, the Neighbouring Rights Administrative Assistant will support the Distributions, Repertoire and Society Relations teams in the day to day processes required to enable accurate royalty collections on behalf of our clients.
We are looking for someone who is a highly organised quick learner, with a proactive mindset and a willingness to expand an understanding of the overall music business.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES AN ADMIN ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Support the society relations team with the registration of our clients at the collection societies
- Submit repertoire claims on the society databases
- Monitor and submit evidence requests on the society databases
- Assist the distributions team with matching royalties in busy distribution periods
- Ad hoc projects as and when required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Proactive willingness to learn
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills