Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in a new role, the Neighbouring Rights Administrative Assistant will support the Client team in the day to day processes required to enable accurate royalty collections on behalf of our clients.
The role is perfect for someone looking for an office-based, administrative, and diverse role in Neighbouring Rights. To be successful we need you to have exceptional attention to detail, prioritisation, and organisational skills and be comfortable learning new database systems.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES AN ADMIN ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as support to the NR Client Relations team in their day to day dealing with clients
- Create and process client documents
- Maintain client related information in our inhouse system
- Process new client documentation from our colleagues in Business Affairs to ensure we have everything we need for successful onboarding
- Prepare routine client correspondence
- Provide support and assistance to the department with scheduled administrative tasks
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous administration and back-office experience and having used Excel to consolidate, structure, or organise data using filters, v-look-ups or match-formulas
- Organization and prioritisation skills with a detail-driven mind-set
- Resilience and tenacity: someone who effectively deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Verbal and written communication skills – someone able to adapt communication to audience
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the “Innovation in Publishing” award at the MusicAlly awards.