Coordinator, Sessions, Kobalt Music Group
As the Sessions Coordinator for our successful Westcoast Creative Team, you will help run the day-to-day activities for our LA-based writing sessions, manage internal and external calendars, various A&R focused administrative tasks as well as join in on various meetings with our teams and clients.
This is a fast-paced role, requiring a high level of organization and prioritization skills, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A SESSIONS COORDINATOR AT KOBALT?
- You would assist members of the LA Creative Team by setting up writing sessions as well as managing schedules, reach-outs, follow-ups for our LA-based clients as well as traveling international writers.
- You will oversee internal calendars as well as calendars for select Kobalt clients as well as collecting demos and helping ingest works and metadata into Kobalt’s system.
- You will be maintaining the distribution of the US Kobalt ‘Looking List’ and updating any internal documents utilized by the LA Creative Team.
- You will assist with select administrative tasks on behalf of the LA Creative Team, including procurement tracking, verifying song registration as well as aiding the team in their creative efforts.
- You will also participate in weekly creative meetings and select client meetings with other members of the LA Creative team.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have relevant administrative or internship experience in the music industry (e.g. at a music publisher, record label or management company).
- You have good knowledge of the LA songwriting and production community and can demonstrate a clear passion for popular music with a desire to work in music publishing in particular.
- You have a track-record of organizing, structuring and prioritizing your work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You are detail-driven as well as a clear communicator and can demonstrate a good foundation of relationships-
- building skills.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $21.00 to $23.00 per hour.