AWAL is looking for two Marketing Assistants, based in the London office.
The Marketing Assistants, will be providing assistance and general support to AWAL’s UK & International Marketing teams as well as to the General Manager. You will report to the General Manager, but project leads in the UK and International marketing teams will be tasking and providing direction on a day to day basis.
This is an ideal role for someone who is looking for an entry level role in the industry and has some relevant practical experience, such as an internship or work experience at a record company or with an administrative marketing background, but most importantly – a true passion for music and supporting independent artists! In return you can expect a role which will give you the chance to learn various aspects of the marketing in the music industry.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including Lauv, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, Little Simz, Gerry Cinnamon, Bruno Major and more.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A MARKETING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Assist UK Marketing team and the International Marketing Team in the day-to-day running of their campaigns
- Assist the team in their administration duties including maintaining the gig schedule, running release schedules, circulating advance promo streams and assets, generating POs and generating other regular reports
- Scheduling and setting up promo days and phone interviews including booking travel, cars, hotels etc. for artists on domestic and international promo trips
- Organise guest lists for AWAL gigs in the UK, ticket buys, dealing with ad hoc duties for the marketing teams such as organising couriers, promo mailouts
- Generate bespoke market research reports using AWAL’s in-house analytics tools as well as publicly available data
- Set up packshot videos, smarturls and more tools for the Digital Marketing team
- Take and distribute select meeting notes
- Pull together Global Marketing report
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Practical experience of working in a relevant administration role or other relevant experience in the music industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Manage competing priorities