Kobalt is seeking a Manager, Investments in New York to be highly involved with the deal process as our company continues to grow. The Manager will be responsible for the investment evaluation of all catalogue and company acquisitions as well as the signing of bands, artists and songwriters.
Working closely with our senior management team, strategy, creative and the Legal and Business Affairs departments, the Manager will oversee all financial aspects of deals, complete the financial modelling and assist with post-closing integration and analysis.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, INVESTMENTS AT KOBALT DO?
- Perform financial valuation and cash flow analysis
- Build financial models to evaluate the value of assets
- Support acquisition and structuring of deal terms in collaboration with Business Affairs
- Identify any issues in collections or forecasting
- Assist with financial due diligence
- Help improve process efficiency through identification of potential improvements to build an efficient analysis framework
- Conduct industry research
- Support the senior management team with board presentations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4+ years’ proven analysis experience including investment appraisal and /or evaluations most likely gained through a career in investment banking, PE or VC, consultancy, intellectual property, investment management or with a major corporation
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes
- The ability to formulate opinions and discuss merits and weaknesses of potential investments is essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ensuring clear and accurate presentation of findings to stakeholders
- Advanced modelling skills, including high proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of SQL is preferred
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines
- Confident team player with strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills
- Music industry experience is a clear bonus – other relevant sectors would be high growth technology or disrupter brands making investments and acquisitions or developing new business models.