As part of the Global Digital Partnerships & Licensing Group that oversee commercial negotiations and account management with Kobalt’s digital partners, the Manager of Global Digital Partnerships will support the team by providing deal analysis, operational and onboarding support, and marketplace trends and performance across a wide range of digital services.
Working from our New York office and reporting to the SVP of Global Digital Partnerships, the successful candidate would also educate clients on existing or new digital partner deals as well as report to stakeholders and senior management on material developments or issues.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MANAGER OF GLOBAL DIGITAL PARTNERSHIPS AT KOBALT DO?
- Providing digital partner performance analysis & reports for senior management and stakeholder understanding of the digital market place
- Analysing potential partnership deals and advise team on appropriate rates and commercial terms
- Lead operational efforts to manage partnerships deals, including renewals and royalty analysis, working closely with Kobalt’s Copyright, Business Affairs, Royalties, Marketing, and Operations groups
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Significant experience in a business analyst role within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, preferably with 5 years-experience with a record label or music publisher
- Prior experience with exposure to senior leadership
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong understanding and experience with MS Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (SQL experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent Communication and Stakeholder Management experience
Most important is that you have structured approach to analyse potential partnership opportunities, a desire to deliver results and experience working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
You will also be an excellent communicator and as well as a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting the job done.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.