Joining a growing Clients team in our new London office, in the heart of the City overlooking the Thames, the Manager will support a rapidly growing global Client Services department with the day-to-day clients related tasks. You are a confident team-player with strong interpersonal skills, with a background in music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies as well as experience in a client-facing, account management role with a track-record of providing excellent customer service, building long-term relationships whilst working in a team-oriented environment.
Communicating with our publishing clients as well as senior colleagues across the business, you need exceptionally strong written & verbal communication skills. As you may be asked to manage our German client roster, it would be ideal if you speak, read and write German fluently.
Our client service team transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries. We pride ourselves in providing a top class service to our creators, and at Kobalt you can help us build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex music landscape – so ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as a Manager on the Clients team at Kobalt?
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with your roster of clients and client representatives acting as the first point of contact ensuring that queries are acknowledged and resolved
- Process new client agreements and coordinate the ingestion of new compositions and catalogs with Kobalt’s Copyright Department
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright and Tech Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
You will ideally have
…previous music administration and/or music publishing experience
…experience in a client-facing, account management role working with a track-record of providing excellent customer service, building long-term relationships whilst working in a team-oriented environment
…excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent level of written and spoken German and English
…a tech savvy mind-set knowing your way around Excel and PowerPoint
…strong organization and prioritisation skills with ability to make effective and timely decisions
…high level of numeracy & accuracy as well as a detail-driven mind-set
…ability to remain calm under pressure and complete tasks accurately and efficiently
…sensitivity to confidential information and material
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out out blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.