You have extensive relationships in the US artist, manager and legal communities.
In this role, you will expand and manage the A&R team to identify established artist opportunities and the most exciting new artists.
You will work closely with the Kobalt publishing creative team to connect AWAL/Kobalt Recordings artists with Kobalt published writers and producers.
The successful candidate will also communicate the artists’ visions throughout our global marketing, commerce and sales teams.
WHAT DOES A HEAD OF A&R, AWAL DO?
- Identify and pitch available established and superstar artists
- Manage the North American A&R team
- Manage the administrative and deal making process for Kobalt / AWAL
- Research, identify and sign emerging artists
- Identify catalog and label client prospects
- Develop and manage a process to assign the flow of artist referrals to the team
- Provide detailed analysis of prospective artist careers and audience engagement
- Forecast commercial viability based on data analysis
- Work closely with Business Affairs to formulate deal proposals
- Work closely with the publishing creative staff to find songs and creative collaboration opportunities with Kobalt published writers and producers
- Support and enhance signed artist’s creative vision
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 8+ years’ experience in an A&R role
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture
- Extensive knowledge of the deal making process and artist contracts
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the US music market
- Exceptional understanding of the digital market and digital platforms within the music industry
- Must have an extensive network within all levels of the music industry (i.e. managers, lawyers, publishers, booking agents, songwriters, producers, independent labels & publicists)
- Team player with a “just get it done” mentality