As Head of A&R, you will drive AWAL/Kobalt’s artist acquisition and the creative process from discovery to delivery.
You have extensive relationships in the US artist, manager and legal communities.
In this role, you will expand and manage the A&R team to identify established artist opportunities and the most exciting new artists.
You will work closely with the Kobalt publishing creative team to connect AWAL/Kobalt Recordings artists with Kobalt published writers and producers.
The successful candidate will also communicate the artists’ visions throughout our global marketing, commerce and sales teams.
WHAT DOES A HEAD OF A&R, AWAL DO?
- Identify and pitch available established and superstar artists
- Manage the North American A&R team
- Manage the administrative and deal making process for Kobalt / AWAL
- Research, identify and sign emerging artists
- Identify catalog and label client prospects
- Develop and manage a process to assign the flow of artist referrals to the team
- Provide detailed analysis of prospective artist careers and audience engagement
- Forecast commercial viability based on data analysis
- Work closely with Business Affairs to formulate deal proposals
- Work closely with the publishing creative staff to find songs and creative collaboration opportunities with Kobalt published writers and producers
- Support and enhance signed artist’s creative vision
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 8+ years’ experience in an A&R role
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture
- Extensive knowledge of the deal making process and artist contracts
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the US music market
- Exceptional understanding of the digital market and digital platforms within the music industry
- Must have an extensive network within all levels of the music industry (i.e. managers, lawyers, publishers, booking agents, songwriters, producers, independent labels & publicists)
- Team player with a “just get it done” mentality