As Head of Artist Marketing, you will lead the day to day operations of all digital and non-digital marketing strategies, manage the North American Digital Marketing and Project Management teams, as well as personally manage a select group of marketing campaigns.
The Head of Marketing will lead and shape overall campaign strategies for a diverse roster of artists and will work closely with the UK-based International Marketing team to create and synchronize global marketing campaigns.
You have a deep understanding of all digital and social platforms and best practices, plus relationships across the digital landscape. The Head of Artist Marketing will be responsible for department budgeting and will manage cross communication with sales, promotion, digital, marketing, sync, and publicity teams.
You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, experienced team leader and an exceptional, creative marketer with the proven ability to multi-task and experience leading and executing artist marketing campaigns.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL and Kobalt Music Recordings.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen Kobalt includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
We’re currently over 450 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A HEAD OF ARTIST MARKETING AT KOBALT DO?
- Lead North American artist marketing campaigns and strategy as well as North American digital marketing campaigns and strategy
- Manage the North American Product Marketing and Digital Marketing Teams
- Oversee interdepartmental communication and effectively communicate and implement best practices
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Release scheduling
- Develop overall campaign strategies and manage marketing campaign budgets
- Serve as the relationship manager for all social media and digital influencer platforms
- Utilize data analysis and continuously identify emerging technologies
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field and/or equivalent experience
- 8 years’ marketing experience, specifically within music marketing and digital marketing
- 4 years’ experience managing a team
- Strong and in-depth knowledge of digital marketing, social marketing and industry best practices
- In depth knowledge of digital revenue accounts
- Previous experience working with physical retail, retail advertising and lifestyle marketing
- Experience with physical distribution, manufacturing, on and offline advertising and marketing
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.