The Director of Product Management & Partner Marketing will manage primary communication and lead the marketing efforts for Kobalt Music Recordings / AWAL+ developing artists and partners who release multiple projects with us. The Director will provide marketing strategy, expertise and guide artist development efforts for artist, label, management, and producer clients.
This position will work closely with the global marketing team to advance artists’ careers upstream through Kobalt Music Recordings / AWAL’s artist categories. Additionally, this role will product manage select clients from the Kobalt Music Recordings roster.
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & PARTNER MARKETING AT KOBALT DO?
- Develop marketing campaigns and strategy for AWAL/Kobalt artists
- Serve as the primary liaison with label, producer and management clients who release multiple artists through AWAL/Kobalt Music Recordings
- Conduct weekly marketing strategy calls with multiple-artist partnerships (MAP)
- Communicate industry marketing best practices to artists and MAP clients
- Implement marketing campaigns and strategy for a limited number of product managed clients
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Master Kobalt Music Recordings CMS and guide clients through the release process
- Communicate pitch priorities and materials to the Digital Account Team
- Manage marketing campaign budgets for KMR artists
- Advise artists and MAP clients on budgeting and best practices
- Release scheduling advice for artists and MAP clients
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience in a music marketing role
- Knowledge of current music marketing campaigns
- Existing relationships with music managers, agents and service providers
- Experience managing marketing campaigns from strategy to implementation
- Prior experience handling and managing budgets
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.