We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join AWAL – Kobalt’s recordings division and work with our incredible and growing roster of emerging and already established talent from all over the world.
Based out of our London office and reporting to the VP, Digital Marketing you will be working closely with UK & International marketing teams as well as our US-based digital marketing counterparts.
As our digital expert, you will be responsible for conceiving and executing best-in-class digital marketing campaigns and initiatives working across multiple platforms to grow audiences & followers as well as maximize engagement for new and developing Kobalt Music Recordings artists.
You are most likely already working in the music industry in a similar role with excellent understanding of all digital platforms and abreast of current music industry developments. You also need to be highly organised and methodical, but able to bring creativity, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas to the table.
As much as this position requires a great deal of strategic thinking and planning, you are still a “doer” and someone who is very hands-on in their approach to work.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model.
Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Conceive industry leading digital marketing initiatives & social media strategies, using experience and expertise to formulate original and ground-breaking ideas
- Set up and manage digital advertising campaigns whilst ensuring spends are effectively maximized to achieve campaign goals
- Originate assets as required for social media and advertising campaigns
- Compile and analyse reports, using data from Kobalt’s streaming analytics platform alongside 3rd party platforms and dashboards, and present back to the marketing and management teams
- Run digital health checks at the outset of campaigns, advise clients on how to optimize their online channels and profiles
- Drive digital best practices through the company
- Manage and develop relationships with digital platforms
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Advanced experience working closely with artists and managers, digital platforms, and Digital Marketing in the music industry
- Experience in sourcing, executing and measuring influencer marketing campaigns either in the UK and/or global territories
- Proven track-record in building social numbers and followers
- Organized self-starter with the capacity to manage an often intense workload and work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels is key
- Presence as well as ambition to continuously improve and with a drive to approach each campaign with enthusiasm and innovative/creative mind-set
- Strategic in approach but hands-on and able to implement with rigour
- Collaborative, with a “can do” attitude, providing solutions to any problems