As the Digital Designer, you are responsible for ideation and design for the Kobalt and AWAL brands and social media pages as well as providing design support on artist projects for some of the most exciting records being released right now.
Ideally based in our Los Angeles office and reporting directly into our Creative Director, you are someone who is passionate about all things design and creative strategy; a visual thinker who notices the colors, fonts and creative styles all around you. You are also someone who is passionate about music, curious and eager to experiment with new styles, and have a natural ability to work collaboratively in a creative and fast-paced environment.
WHAT DOES A DIGITAL DESIGNER KOBALT AND AWAL DO?
- Assist our Creative Director in all day-to-day design requests and artist projects by creating mood boards and creative strategy decks, digital and print ads, social banners, social graphics and more
- You will also work closely with our Social Media Manager to design for AWAL and Kobalt socials including GIFs, short video edits, playlist covers, newsletter graphics, quote cards, Instagram stories, New Music Friday assets, artist features and more
- Create and design graphic layouts, templates and animations for social channels using visual effects and motion graphics
- Work with our Brand/Partnerships team to support visual assets for artist and brand activations
- Maintain design consistency across the Kobalt and AWAL brands respectively – understand and apply brand guidelines
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You may have gained experience at a label, an agency, or a similar environment to ours where you built up a strong awareness of social and digital formats and best practices
- You need to be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects with simultaneous schedules and deadlines
- Proficient using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and InDesign
- Have a strong understanding of typography principles as well as the ability to execute core social design styles (including GIFs, cinemagraphs, teaser assets etc.)
- Bonus points if you have basic video editing skills and experience using Adobe After Effects and Illustrator as well as Spark AR / Lens Studio
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL, Kobalt’s recording company, is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system. AWAL is the partner for leading artists and labels including Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras,,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, , Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis (Sinead O’Connor, The Specials), and many more!