As a part of the Global synchronisation team, you will be responsible for creative pitching and clearance of rights for the Kobalt Music Recordings catalogue.
We need a driven team member with well-developed relationships within the industry to further build the Kobalt profile as well as create strategic proposals that will tie in with upcoming artist releases & marketing campaigns across various media including advertising, film, film-trailers and games.
Kobalt Music Recordings (KMR) is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. KMR incorporates our digital services platform, AWAL, that works with more than 6,000 clients.
Our roster of clients including developing acts like RAY BLK, Tom Misch, VÉRITÉ, Lauv and established artists including Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, De La Soul, Die Antwoord, David Gray, Placebo and Pet Shop Boys, and labels including Marathon Artists, Cult Records, Independiente, Mau5trap and Chrysalis.
WHAT DOES A CRETIVE SYNCHRONISATION MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Facilitate, negotiate & close all synchronisation requests for the Kobalt Music Recordings Worldwide (excluding North America & South America)
- Create, develop & maintain relationships with varying levels of executives at ad agencies, brands, production companies, music supervisors, directors, editors etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with key Kobalt Music Recordings product and marketing managers
- Maintain good relationships and regular communication with Kobalt clients, including but limited to artists as well as their management and representative
- Proactively create and implement synch strategies based on single and album timelines
- Attend Kobalt client events & shows as necessary and bring key contacts from all media areas to these events/shows
- Attend industry events and/or organise artist show-cases as necessary
- Develop strong working relationships with Kobalt Music Recordings Admin teams, and be responsible for ensuring good operational flow of information and assets between the recordings team and synch team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Solid experience working creatively in the synchronisation business at a music label with well-developed relationships within the industry
- Experienced knowledge of music licensing, including the industry terminology and language used to negotiate the material deal points of a brand and synchronisation license
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
- Proven sales record
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and available to work extra hours as needed
- Knowledge of copyright as it relates to the music industry (on both the master and publishing side)
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, iTunes, QuickTime
- Pro as well as emailing marketing tools
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment, but also has ability to work independently