We are hiring a Creative Director to join our Creative team in New York. Reporting into the VP, Creative.
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be experienced, have a well-established industry network with a track-record of nurturing talent and professional relationships. They will have extensive knowledge of Electronic and Dance Music, especially on the commercial side, along with current and up and coming DJs and producers. In addition, they will have a working knowledge of Hip Hop, R&B and Pop. The most important thing is that they will have a passion and commitment to servicing our music creators.
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE DIRECTOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Identify available/unpublished talent as well as provide detailed background and research of all prospective new talent.
- Manage the administrative and deal making process for prospective clients and work closely with the VP, Creative,
- Business Affairs and Investments teams to formulate deal proposals.
- Research background for re-signings, renewals and inquiries on all existing deals.
- Set up sessions and collaborations for clients + pitch their songs and beats.
- Nurture and maintain relationships with current Kobalt clients.
- Communicate with the global creative team on various projects and collaboration opportunities.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A deep understanding of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture with extensive knowledge of Electronic and Dance Music, DJs and producers, Hip Hop, R&B and Pop.
- A track-record of working successfully in a similar role in the music industry with an extensive network and a great reputation.
- Strong work ethic with a “whatever it takes” mentality.
- An ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential.
We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.