Joining the Publishing Copyright department in our London office, the primary role of the Australia and New Zealand Copyright Assistant will be to assist in managing our catalogue by ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at the Australian collection society (APRA-AMCOS).
The ideal candidate will need to have excellent communication skills when dealing with general enquiries from internal and external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly at collection societies
- Dealing with a high volume of general enquiries regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- Handling song disputes and duplicate claims
- Processing new works and agreements as the company acquires rights to new catalogues
- Processing royalty statements received from collection societies
- Analysing the royalties received to identify possible underpayment or delayed payment, and working with the societies to resolve these issues
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to audience
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills working in a ever-evolving, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- High level of written and spoken English
- Analytical skills & experience working with large data sets as well as using Excel
- Someone who is tech savvy, generally interested in new technology, worked with data bases and pick things up quickly
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable.