Joining our Publishing Copyright department in Kobalt’s London office, the primary role of the Copyright Assistant will be to support the team with managing our catalogue in the US by ensuring works and agreements are registered correctly.
The successful candidate will need to have attention to detail and research skills as well as excellent communication skills when communicating internally and with external sources and can deal with pressure but remain optimistic and persistent to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A US COPYRIGHT ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring song details are correctly registered in Kobalt’s favour at the US collection societies
- Investigating possible matches and duplicate work details at the US collection societies
- Managing a shared inbox dealing with general inquiries from all US societies regarding our claims to works and the terms of our publishing agreements
- You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Experience working with large data sets
- Excellent communication skills and high level of written and spoken English
- Track-record of excellent organization and prioritisation skills
- Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable
Previous admin and copyright experience in a similar role as well as a good understanding of music publishing is highly desirable. Most important is that you are ambitious and flexible and can adapt to a growing and changing department!