Coordinator, Synch Licensing Administration
We are hiring a Coordinator to join our Synch Licensing Administration team in Los Angeles. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the US Synch team facilitating the licensing process for Film, TV, Trailers, Advertisements, and Video Games.
This role offers an opportunity to improve Kobalt’s Synch licensing processes and help shape a best in class service for our clients!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, SYNCH LICENSING ADMINISTRATION AT KOBALT DO?
- You provide support on all synch licensing processes working closely with teams across the department and wider organization to ensure relevant details regarding terms, songwriter splits, and publisher ownership for all synch deals are accurate, and all questions or inconsistencies are resolved prior to licensing.
- You issue licenses and invoices for synch opportunities based upon terms negotiated by the synch clearance team.
- You follow-up on outstanding invoices and finalize license agreements with support of the synch income tracking team and senior members of the synch licensing administration team.
- You collaborate closely with the client-facing Writer & Publisher Relations team troubleshooting any writer split discrepancies ensuring information is being shared effectively across departments.
- You’ll establish a strong understanding of Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database as well as learn to use our robotic process automation (RPA) software, and how to incorporate those tools in your daily workflow.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have 1-2 relevant music industry experience, with a working knowledge as well as keen interest in synch, music publishing and copyright.
- You can demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment having a track record of being highly organized and detail-oriented.
- You have relevant administrative and systems experience including working with Google Suite as well as Microsoft Office.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $20.77 – $22.33 per hour.
The range provided is for Los Angeles-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than Los Angeles may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $20.77—$22.33 USD