We’re looking for a Content Operations Coordinator to join this expanding team within AWAL’s Digital Operations department. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the quality of our release deliveries, ensuring our metadata is best in class. Experience with digital service metadata requirements and content management systems is required. An obsessive eye for detail and encyclopedic knowledge across a variety of genres would be a definite plus too!
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
AWAL is a preferred supplier to the major DSPs, holding Direct Live status with Apple. We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
What does a Content Operations Coordinator at AWAL do?
- QC audio release submissions in accordance with partner metadata specifications.
- Provide structured feedback for client-facing teams when releases fail checks.
- Carry out metadata updates as required across the AWAL catalogue.
- Work with internal teams to continually review and optimise content ingestion processes with a view to scale.
- Contribute to Content Operations documentation, including metadata style guide.
What Skills and Experience are we looking for?
- Experience in a Content Operations, Digital Supply Chain or similar role at a label or distributor.
- Good knowledge of music metadata in a digital distribution context, particularly the iTunes and Spotify style guides.
- Experience working with content management systems (iTunes Connect and Spotify preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passion for a range of musical genres with bonus points for Classical or Bollywood knowledge.