We’re currently working with an incredible and growing roster of emerging talent and already established labels from all over the world. We’re looking for someone to join the team focussing on the UK based projects.
You’ll be a mix of project manager and label manager for your own mixed roster of clients, delivering best practise advice, speaking with managers, heading to gigs and flagging priority projects to the rest of the team.
Alongside that, as the team grows, you can be involved in shaping the way we deliver the new services like the industry-leading App and new client focussed blog. It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the client team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the hottest records being released right now.
AWAL, Kobalt’s world leading digital services company, offers a transparent, straight to market solution for artists and labels. Originally founded in the UK in 2003, AWAL enables recording owners to take control of their digital business, providing digital sales, distribution and marketing services for more than 6,000 clients worldwide, and empowering clients to achieve their full potential without giving up ownership or control. Our client roster includes both established and emerging artists such as Moby, Placebo, Chip, Gabrielle Aplin, Todd Terje, Tom Misch, R3hab and Vérité, and labels including Chrysalis Records, Marathon Artists, Independiente and mau5trap.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- You’re the main point of contact for your roster of clients, be they labels or individual artists, that the creative team have brought in
- You’ll help guide them on the best practises when it comes to their releases and scheduling. We have a team of people who help guide us on this and the operations team keep us up to speed on deadlines and industry best practices.
- You also liaise with the Digital Account Managers to make sure they can pitch your priority projects to the digital services for playlisting and features. Each Friday our projects are being added to several cool playlists on Spotify, Apple, Deezer and more because of the great work they’re doing with the support and analytics we provide
- With new incoming projects, you’ll be managing the process of bringing new artists and clients on-board. Building a good relationship with them and finding out everything you need to know to support their career properly is key
- You’re also supporting your clients using the various best-in-class industry tools we have for them to run their business. These include income reporting tools, the AWAL App, the best practises blog, product uploader and so on
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Label managers, product managers, artist managers with good understanding of the digital supply chain can apply. We can teach the specifics of how AWAL operate but we need people who can run projects and know the industry like the back of their hand.
- Working with artist managers, label owners and internal music industry pros is the day to day work, so being professional, friendly and customer-focused on email and phone is essential
- You’ll be an organized self-starter with the capacity to manage a varied and often intense workload, as every project you’re running is important. If several great records drop simultaneously you need to be there and ready to make sure they are all set up and managed successfully
To summarise: We’re setting ourselves up to be a partner in our clients’ business. In the same way these projects have a press team, radio plugger and live agent, they also need a client manager to curate the digital delivery and pitching side of their campaign. Each month, while the artist managers run the other parts of the project, we’re making sure our releases are featured on the digital services, their videos are supported at VEVO and, crucially, that our artists are paid what they’re expecting so they can free their time to make more great music.