The Business Operations Manager position will work within the Business Operations function to work on business improvement initiatives including but not limited to business analysis, process improvement, operational restructuring, and efficiency savings to ensure that Kobalt can execute on its growth strategy.
This role will cover the analysis and implementation cycles of these initiatives, including change management, programme and project management and delivery, and organisation communications.
Reporting to the VP Business Operations this role will liaise with key members of the tech and operations function as well as related divisional heads within the business that are impacted by or can facilitate change.
Kobalt is an exciting tech company revolutionizing the music industry, transforming the way service is provided to songwriters and artists. Kobalt’s technology platform simplifies the system of collecting royalties, resulting in significantly higher revenues paid much faster and providing clients complete transparency and accountability on the use of their IP.
Our innovative technology includes the world’s most advanced global licensing, collection and payment platform, a leading global digital music distribution platform, and the real-time data and insight reporting Portal, described as “the most remarkable web portal in music history”.
Kobalt Music Publishing, Kobalt Label Services and Kobalt Neighbouring Rights divisions each offer a modern alternative to the traditional music business model, empowering creators with flexible contracts, ownership, control, and total transparency.
With 375 employees in 10 offices worldwide and agents in over 35 major territories, we represent over 8,000 artists, 600,000 songs, and 500 publishing companies. We’re fortunate to work with some of the world’s greatest artists and songwriters, representing on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the US and UK. Kobalt is enjoying great success, and a recent financing round led by Google Ventures in early 2015 will help fuel growth and performance.
- Business analysis across key operational functions: Process mapping; Programme/Project management; Cost analysis; Documentation and control
- Identifying, establishing and implementing efficiency initiatives across the organisation
- Identification of key performance indicators (KPIs) across the operational parts of the business to track and monitor
- Create reports from large amounts of data to drive decisions
- Create appropriate communications messaging to: Senior stakeholders; Organisation wide
- Providing innovative and conceptual recommendations to support operational leadership
- Participating in a wide range of complex projects across other business areas e.g Finance, Technology, Product Management, Operational Teams, Business Affairs
- Supporting the Product Management function gather business requirements and understand operational complexities
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Clear experience in delivering business change initiatives of various scale and impact
- Operational restructuring and/or transformation
- Experience in cost reduction
- Programme management and strategic governance within a technology led organisation
- Developed multiple VBA/Excel/SQL tools to automate operational KPI reporting
- Organisation design and operational management to deliver programmes of work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex problems in a straight forward manner
- Operational business management covering resource planning, budgeting, analysis of risk, mitigation strategies and conflict resolution
- Ability to think strategically, interpret problems and deliver an operational plan
- Ability to product status reports and present to a range of stakeholders
- Influence, persuasion, empathy and transparency