An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Affairs Assistant to join Kobalt’s Business Affairs team in London.
The role will entail supporting and assisting the more senior lawyers in the business affairs team working across the company’s three divisions, music publishing, label services and neighbouring rights.
It will provide an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to enter the music industry and over time to learn and develop.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A BA ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Administering BA agendas using SalesForce content management system
- Drafting deal proposals for Kobalt Music Publishing, Kobalt Music Recordings an Kobalt Neighbouring Rights
- Coordinating the payment of online advances
- Drafting side letters
- Preparing and reviewing deal summaries
- Contract administration
- Liaising with and answering general BA queries from all departments
- Generally assisting the BA team with various administrative tasks
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- English law degree (or successfully completed the GDL) and passed the LPC
- Prior experience of working either in the music industry or in a legal capacity
- Passion for music and desire to work with law in the music industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload