Assistant, Synch Clearance, Kobalt Music Group, Los Angeles
Joining a tight-knit team based in Los Angeles, the Assistant, Synch Clearance is responsible for the critical task of clearing, negotiating and finalizing synchronization license requests originating out of North and Latin America. This includes working across a wide range of creative media including TV, film, video games as well as independent and student films, internet-based requests.
Liaising directly with our clients, as well as working closely with internal teams such as Client Admin and our Creative department, you have to demonstrate strong communication and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
This is a fantastic learning opportunity for anyone passionate about Synch to join a world class team, representing world class creators.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, SYNCH CLEARANCE AT KOBALT DO?
- You handle incoming Synch requests and manage the end to end Synch licensing process with prospective licensees for a wide range of media areas for North and Latin America.
- You effectively communicate with Kobalt clients to obtain approval for synchronization licensing requests.
- You process high volumes of music clearances and client requests in a timely manner as well as support the team logging, maintaining and managing licensing deals in our internal database.
- You work closely with negotiators and client admin teams to troubleshoot split discrepancies and develop a strong level of knowledge for Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database.
- You show a keen interest in the Synch industry, monitoring any trends and strategies used by production companies to clear and license music.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You may have relevant industry experience, but more importantly, you have a keen interest working in the Synch industry and can demonstrate an understanding of music licensing.
- You are deadline driven, and can demonstrate an ability to handle and prioritize a large volume of work efficiently.
You are Interpersonal with highly adaptable communication skills, and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties.
- You are an enthusiastic team player, who is keen to help out wherever needed!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.