We are seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Writer & Publisher Relations team in Los Angeles. In the role, you’ll act as the liaison between Kobalt’s clients and our organization, and as an ambassador of our industry-leading administrative services.
This is a fast-paced role that requires great organizational skills as well as an ability to build strong relationships with new and existing clients on Kobalt’s roster.
You are joining a supportive, hard-working and inclusive team passionate about driving our continued success as the premier destination for songwriters and publishers.
If you have internal or external stakeholder or client management experience with a broad understanding of music publishing, music copyright and royalty flow in the music industry we want to hear from you!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- You will act as the primary point-of-contact for administrative inquiries from Kobalt clients where you’ll foster and maintain relationships with members of Kobalt’s songwriter and publisher roster.
- You are the central resource for client account and catalog knowledge, providing solutions to internal queries from other departments overseeing client agreement onboarding and catalog ingestion as well as insights on client account performance to internal stakeholders, senior management, clients and their representatives.
- You will maintain and optimize client account information, ensuring that Kobalt is well-positioned for efficient catalog registration, royalty collection, and ongoing administration for the duration of our clients’ publishing and administration agreements.
- You will work cross-functionally with a range of departments such as Business Affairs, Copyright, Creative, Synch, Royalties, and Finance as well as with the wider Operations department to support the accurate production and distribution of client royalty statements.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in a client-facing (internal and/or external), account management role, ideally in the music industry where you’ve developed a sensitivity to confidential information and material.
- You have to have a solid understanding of music publishing, music copyright, performing rights organizations (PROs), digital service providers (DSPs), and the general royalty flow in the music industry.
- You are a team-player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to cultivate long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- In addition to this, we are also looking for a high level of attention to detail and organization skills, an ability to balance independent tasks and collaborative projects as well as changing priorities on-the-fly while maintaining professionalism and poise.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt, we are Music First, Transparent, Tech Powered, and Transformative. We are Creatives. Our innovative services and technologies have transformed the music industry into a more fair and more rewarding place for artists. We are trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Foo Fighters, Phoebe Bridgers, Ozuna, Paul McCartney, Karol G, Young Thug, Kali Uchis, FINNEAS, and Andrew Watt, and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K. Kobalt is dedicated to inclusiveness and to providing the resources and benefits needed to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities, and advocate an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.