Joining a growing Clients team in our new London office, in the heart of the City overlooking the Thames, the Assistant Manager will transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries.
To be successful in the role, you need to be a team-player, confident and comfortable communicating with our publishing clients as well as senior colleagues across the business, so exceptionally strong written & verbal communication skills is a must.
As you may be asked to manage our German client roster, it would be ideal if you speak, read and write German fluently – but this is not considered essential.
To support our clients in the best possible way, this role also focuses heavily on critical administrative tasks and processes so you need a detail-driven mind-set and a comfortability with repetitive and data heavy tasks. Knowledge and understanding of music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies is essential to hit the ground running, as well as previous experience in administration & account management.
We pride ourselves in providing a top class service to our creators, and at Kobalt you can help us build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – so ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music!
What would you do as an Assistant Manager on the Clients team at Kobalt?
- Act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Help ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements
- Process new client agreements and coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright department to input and register new compositions and catalogues
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and client representatives
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Work closely with Kobalt’s Copyright and Tech Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
- Provide support and assistance to the department with scheduled administrative tasks
You will ideally have
…previous music administration and/or music publishing experience
…client-facing, account management experience
…excellent communication and interpersonal skills and preferably with excellent level of written and spoken German
…strong organization and prioritisation skills with ability to make effective and timely decisions
…a tech savvy mind-set knowing your way around Excel and PowerPoint
…high level of numeracy & accuracy as well as a detail-driven mind-set
…ability to remain calm under pressure and complete tasks accurately and efficiently
…excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
…sensitivity to confidential information and material