Kobalt Neighbouring Rights is seeking an Assistant to join our hard-working and motivated Label Neighbouring Rights team in our London office.
The role is accountable for internal system updates and repertoire data management but also includes some client-facing responsibilities. The ideal candidate would therefore be highly organised, able to follow agreed processes, detail orientated and driven by achieving results for our customers and department.
The is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the largest Neighbouring Rights administrator in the world. Kobalt Neighbouring Rights started in 2011 offering a global service to performers and labels alike. Our label roster is amongst the best in the world and includes AWAL, Big Machine, Black Crow, Concord Bicycle, Macklemore, MPL Inc (Paul McCartney), Partisan Records, Secretly Canadian and Sub Pop.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, LABEL COLLECTIONS DO?
- Analysing airplay reports to understand potential deal values
- Setting up potential deals in the system so that proposals can be approved and drawn up
- Meeting the Client Onboarding SLA by setting up new agreements in our internal system
- Working with the Label Society Relations team to resolve double claims with other rightsholders
- First point of contact for a named client roster
- Checking Client statements and monitoring payment trends
- Working with the Distribution & Label Society Relations teams to ensure clients are paid on time
- Managing internal repertoire systems and large Excel databases
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent Excel capability and analytical skills
- High level of written and spoken English
- Extensive organisation skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Remains calm and works well under pressure – familiar with working to tight deadlines
- Previous Neighbouring Rights experience preferable
- You may be working for a music label, publisher, or neighbouring rights society where you have had
to liaise with clientele.
- Most importantly you’d be willing to get stuck in, have the initiative to establish your own processes, have a meticulous eye for detail and are keen and enthusiastic to learn about the complex world of Label Neighbouring Rights.