Our content teams are responsible for acquiring, developing, producing and distributing compelling packages of content for users around the world.
From mixes, radio shows, interviews, documentaries and podcasts, to other forms of music and culture discovery, Keakie content teams work passionately to entertain and inspire audiences all over the world.
Keakie is recruiting for a Content Acquisition Manager, based in London.
The Manager will be a key member of the team, responsible for identifying and developing original and syndicated content.
The Manager will need to have an in depth knowledge, either of World Music, Latin Music, African Music, Hip Hop or UK Music.
The Manager will be developing shows from creators, companies and independent producers for digital streaming in all Keakie territories across the world.
They will report to the Chief Operational Officer and be responsible for sourcing great projects, deal negotiation, production development and digital distribution.
The ideal candidate needs to have critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to find and develop great creative projects in a specific genre.
Confidence and exuberance is also important as s/he will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners.
The Manager should be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working to find creative solutions with partners under tight time- frames.
They are also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for finding great content from countries around the world.
- Source, evaluate, develop and produce high quality content that will engage our viewers
- Track trends and analyse performance for culture & lifestyle content and other content categories globally, cultivate relationships and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and projects
- Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
- Communicate market trends around the production and distribution of content and new content opportunities to internal and external partners
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract negotiation and templating)
- Responsible for all aspects of production development, especially in pre-production
- Full responsibility and accountability for attaining relevant Channels over the course of Y1.
- You will have to meet and onboard both individual producers/DJs, larger channels and other various labels alongside upcoming student run institutions.
- There will be a small advertising budget for these genres. This amounts to £4,250 in Y1, £7,500 in Y2 and £48,000 in Y3. This is to be put towards one-off marketing campaigns for certain channels or to run small events. The advertising budget will be spent after discussion from the marketing team.
- Extensive background in sourcing and developing culture & lifestyle content
- Must have experience and be able to analyse channels and give creative feedback to content providers to increase the value of the shows
- Must have extensive knowledge of the culture & lifestyle creative community, and have solid relationships with top artists, managers, booking agents, PR agents, promoters, DJs and labels in the community
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently and the flexibility to change direction frequently
- Ability to manage and process detailed information and processes such as music track listing and channel relationship management while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and thus collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated love and understanding of video and audio content in multiple markets