Finance & Royalties Assistant: Job Description and About the Company
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a top independent music publishing company. Since its founding, Kassner Music has been associated with songwriters of the greatest quality and genre-defining compositions. We offer a friendly and collaborative working environment where every employee makes a difference.
In your role, you will be reporting to the company’s Head of Finance and working closely with the Royalties Department. You will provide support in key aspects of the royalties process and revenue cycle in addition to assisting with bookkeeping responsibilities. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative business, and we are looking for someone who will be a great brand ambassador for the company.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be an enthusiastic team player who is motivated and inquisitive. The role will primarily be based in our Fulham office with a degree of flexibility to work from home.
- Supporting both the royalty and finance teams, in the delivery of their functions.
- Assisting with bookkeeping responsibilities, which will include inputting royalties received, royalties payable and company expenses to the accounting system and cloud-based software (Xero).
- Downloading incoming statements from sub-publishers and societies.
- Updating royalty and client information.
- Processing statements and preparing documentation for outgoing royalties on a timely basis.
- Liaising with the Finance and Royalties Departments to raise sales invoices and track revenue accurately.
- Undertaking any ad hoc tasks assigned by the team.
- Keen interest in music
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy
- Eye for detail and precision
- Friendly and willing to learn
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
At Kassner Music, a family culture shapes the way we operate, which translates into care and inclusion for our employees, clients and peers alike. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants but if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date then you will not have been successful.
Deadline for applications: Friday 12th January 2024
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org