Kartel Music Group is seeking an experience and passionate Product Manager to join our team. We are looking for an Electronic & Dance Music specialist. The role will head up the recently formed inhouse EMK (Electronic Music Kartel) label imprint as well as working across a number of priority Artist and Label Services clients across a range of genres with lean toward electronic and dance music.
The ideal candidate will have a strong instinct for the record label, distribution and label services environment and be passionate about supporting professional creators in todays’ evolving recorded music landscape. They will have hands-on product management expertise and a strong passion for administration, work-flow efficiency, digital and traditional marketing, digital and physical distribution and retail channels. They will have a proven track record working with release schedules, marketing budgets and be comfortable with metadata and be generally data literate and confident working on detailed excel spreadsheets.
The successful applicant must have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar Music Industry role in a Label or Services/Distribution company. They will be experienced in creating and disseminating marketing and promotions reports. Great communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail are a prerequisite.
PRODUCT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work across a roster of Artist and Label clients ensuring they are fully supported in their day-to-day product requirements, scheduling, timeline management, product ingestion, metadata administration and asset management.
- Working closely with internal and external marketing and promotions teams to deliver impactful and appropriately scaled campaigns.
- Diligent management of release budgets, PO management, marketing reports and commercial performance tracking.
- Preparation insights and awareness on current marketing and industry trends and best practices as well as new and emerging areas of interest.
- Working with Digital/Physical Sales and Distribution teams on commercial targets and preparing timely updates and reports. Securing visibility across physical, digital and streaming retail & platform environments.
- Accountability for the conversion of marketing activity into sales/engagement or other predetermined campaign goals.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop clear, efficient, and accountable working processes.
- Willingness to share knowledge and insights with the wider team and clients.
- Prepare confident, impactful and engaging presentations of product and campaign details, marketing results and trends both internally and externally.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to join an ambitious and versatile music business shaping the future of consumer music marketing.
About Kartel Music Group:
Kartel Music Group is a modern music services agency. We provide integrated solutions for marketing, campaign management, distribution and business services. Our clients include some of the best emerging and established independent artists, managers and record labels. We are dedicated to reimagining the music industry for creative entrepreneurs in the digital age. For more information visit: www.kartelmusicgroup.com.
How to apply: Please send a covering letter with examples of your recent work, along with your CV and your salary expectations for the role to email@example.com. Please include the subject: “Product Manager 22”.