We are expanding and recruiting a Head of Promotions to complement the existing Label & Marketing Services team.
Kartel Marketing Services cover all forms of media including Print, Online, Radio, TV and DSP promotions, as well as orchestrating marketing strategy, campaign planning, advertising and social media activities.
The team serve the internal roster as well as external clients with best-in-class services that are at the leading edge of consumer music marketing.
This role presents a unique and challenging opportunity to join an ambitious and versatile music services business shaping the future of consumer music marketing; working within a creative, progressive and flexible environment.
The role will be responsible for managing and developing a growing promotions team and roster, as well as creating and implementing impactful UK media strategies for a wide range of internal and external artist, label and brand clients.
The ideal candidate will be a determined, self-motivated and experienced music promotions person with excellent specialist and mainstream knowledge of UK media.
They will have led a broad range of successful campaigns for developing & emerging artists through to household names and be able to demonstrate experience devising and driving successful media campaigns.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients (including artists, managers, labels and internal stakeholders)
- Creating and implementing strategic and creatively charged media campaigns
- Aligning the promotions strategy with wider project & marketing plans
- Developing the promotions (PR & radio) department service client base
- Leading promotional narrative; writing / commissioning press releases, biographies, press photos and other key assets
- Managing tracking and reporting process to clients
- Keeping abreast of media developments and maintaining key media relationships
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Music PR and / or radio promotions (for an indie, major or agency)
- Demonstrable success handling national radio and / or high profile PR campaigns campaigns for a diverse array of artists
- Adept in UK music promotions with a broad and eclectic taste in music and a keen interest in the independent music sector
- Delivering results driven, compelling and engaging artist campaign narrative that connects with the target audience & a wide reaching range of media
- Extensive contacts & relationships with all relevant UK media companies, houses and channels
- A real love and passion for breaking new artists as a key part of a team
- Exceptional copywriting, grammatical and verbal communication skills
- Commercial acumen and experience in pitching for and winning new clients a distinct advantage
- Able to work independently as well as a core part of a team
Location: London, Hackney Downs
If you think you meet our criteria please send your CV to [email protected], along with a short covering letter detailing your reasons for applying and how you think you fit the job requirements.
Please list “Kartel PR” in the subject line.