Kartel is a leading independent Music Services company representing a diverse roster of specialist, cultural and front-line artists, labels, brands and managers.
Kartel is recruiting a Head of Press to join its Promotions Department and complement the existing Artist, Label and Marketing Services team. The role will be responsible for managing and developing the publicity department across Print and Online, as well as creating and implementing UK media strategies across a range of artist, label & brand clients.
The successful applicant must have a minimum of 5+ years publicity experience at a Music PR agency or significant independent or major label role. The candidate should be adept in UK music promotions with a broad and eclectic taste in music.
The ideal candidate will have proven previous experience in Music Publicity with both established and emerging artists and will have strong relationships with all relevant media platforms. We’re looking for someone who can confidently lead and manage a team of publicists and be a representative of Kartel Music Group.
The Kartel Music Group Marketing agency covers a wide range of traditional and digital media within a boutique artist and label services environment. This role offers the right candidate a progressive opportunity to work across different forms of media in a creative, adaptive and flexible environment.
We are looking for a confident and outgoing individual with great communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail are a prerequisite.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To manage day-to-day liaison with clients and internal Kartel team members
- To create and implement strategic, imaginative & impactful media campaigns
- To write and commission press releases, biographies & press photos
- To help manage and build a leading publicity and promotions team
- To attend potential client and internal meetings, prepare proposals, pitches and presentation
- To lead business development outreach with labels, managers and any prospective new client leads
- To effectively report on campaigns and lead best practices in this area
- To monitor and report any new tools which may benefit the company or artists
- To efficiently execute the distribution of promotional materials
- To oversee, manage and mentor Juniors, Assistants and Interns as required
- To network at and attend events relevant to company growth and new business
- To maintain awareness of industry news and developments as well as broader social current affairs
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to join an ambitious and versatile music services business shaping the future of consumer music marketing.
Location: London / Hybrid
If you think you meet our criteria please send your CV to email@example.com, along with a short covering letter detailing your reasons for applying and how you think you fit the job requirements. Please list “Kartel Press” in the subject line.