TITLE: Distribution & Client Services Manager [UK]
In this operational role you will be responsible for managing Kartel Music Group’s support channels, FAQ’s and client newsletter. Your job will be to ensure the delivery of highly responsive and informative feedback and support for all digital distribution clients providing a critical human touch to our clients’ journey through distribution.
Client support will include the dissemination of essential distribution and onboarding information for new clients. Enabling artist and label clients to integrate seamlessly into the Kartel Music Group digital distribution ecosystem ensuring they are fully supported in their day-to-day needs.
The role will assist with work-flow coordination and scalable systems supporting the digital distribution supply chain. This will include checks and approvals of new release submissions, metadata support, scheduling, distribution timelines, sharing platform information and updates, client onboarding & providing general advice on DSP/retail orientated promotional and marketing opportunities.
You will be responsible for disseminating key information and liaising daily with clients to ensure key assets and deliverables are met to ensure distribution runs smoothly.
This role requires a highly diligent & attentive individual with strong organisational, work process qualities as well as effective communication skills. You will be able to work systematically on a high volume of concurrent projects & be able work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Work across a curated distribution client roster ensuring support is provided across all day-to-day distribution activities. Your key objective being to deliver reactive and proactive support for all clients. This will take place via regular client communications and well-maintained FAQ section within the Kartel Knowledge Centre.
- As a key member of the Recorded Music Team, you will work closely with the commercial and marketing leads to provide day-to-day support for artist and label clients, to include;
- Coordination and support around distribution process, distribution timelines & support across DSP marketing, e-commerce, physical retail and other best practices.
- Collection and review of supply chain metadata, product & release assets.
- Quality control of digital distribution submissions (Audio, Video & metadata).
- Assist in DSP pitch process where relevant, providing best practice guidance etc.
- Client support services – answering day-to-day distribution and release queries.
- Management of Kartel client services [email protected] collaborative inbox working closely with Client Services Coordinator.
- Client UX / client journey – analyse and develop the client journey with a focus on Kartel’s digital distribution services (covering all recorded music clients) to help continuously develop best in class service provision and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Assist with the development of scalable systems and processes to manage a growing number of clients whilst maintaining a high touch responsive level of service with a personal feel.
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing & Operations team to collate the most up to date information, develop best practice guides for clients and use these to assist in the development of the Kartel knowledge centre and FAQ.
- Help instigate a weekly client newsletter to disseminate this information to our client-base.
- Advise clients on promotional & marketing services available from Kartel Marketing Agency and introduction to relevant team members as appropriate.
- Assist with onboarding of all new clients to ensure the timely and successful integration into Kartel distribution ecosystem
Willingness to share knowledge and insights with the wider team and clients.
- Developing insights and awareness on current marketing and industry trends and best practices as well as new and emerging areas of interest.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in operational or commercial roles in Music Distribution / Label Services company is essential.
- High level of digital music distribution experience and competence – including operational backend systems as well as commercial account management.
- A keen interest in development of best practice systems and education for DIY artist and independent label sector.
- Ability to understand and adapt to existing processes and systems whilst also being willing to help work on improvements and developments as required.
- Strong organisation, administrative and problem-solving mindset.
- A clear and confident communicator is an essential attribute for this client facing role.
- A positive and confident individual with integrity will thrive in this role.
- Passionate about independent music business
- Accountable for achieving individual and company goals
- A curious mindset that is adaptable to a fast-paced indie environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a covering letter with examples of your recent work, along with your CV and your salary expectations for the role to [email protected]. Please include subject: Distribution & Client Services Manager.
ABOUT KARTEL MUSIC GROUP
Kartel Music Group is a modern music services agency. We provide integrated solutions for marketing, campaign management, distribution and business services. Our clients include some of the best emerging and established independent artists, managers and record labels. We are dedicated to reimagining the music industry for creative entrepreneurs in the digital age.
For more information visit: www.kartelmusicgroup.com.