Kartel is a leading independent Music Services company representing a diverse roster of specialist, cultural and front-line artists, labels, brands and managers.
Kartel is recruiting a Head of Radio to join its Promotions Department and complement the existing Artist, Label and Marketing Services team. The role will be responsible for managing and developing the radio department, as well as creating and implementing UK media strategies across a range of artist, label & brand clients.
The successful applicant must have a minimum of 5+ years experience at a radio promotions agency or significant independent or major label role. The candidate should be adept in UK radio plugging with a broad and eclectic taste in music.
The ideal candidate will have proven previous experience in UK National radio promotions with successful, credible and emerging artists and will have well established relationships with all relevant UK radio networks. We’re looking for an experienced and confident promotions leader who will be a key representative of Kartel Music Group.
The Kartel Music Group Marketing agency covers a wide range of traditional and digital media within a boutique artist and label services environment. This role offers the right candidate a progressive opportunity to work across different forms of media in a creative, adaptive and flexible environment.
We are looking for a passionate, diligent and outgoing individual with great communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients including artists, managers, labels and internal team marketing team members
- Creating and implementing strategic and imaginative media campaigns.
- Develop the radio department service offering to include new formats, broadcasters, airplay & playlist opportunities where appropriate.
- To attend potential client meetings, preparing proposals, pitches and presentations
- To lead business development outreach with labels, managers and any prospective new client leads
- To effectively report on campaigns and lead best practices in this area
- To monitor and report any new tools which may benefit the company or artists
- To efficiently execute the distribution of promotional materials
- To oversee, manage and mentor Juniors, Assistants and Interns as required
- To network at and attend events relevant to company growth and new business
- To maintain awareness of industry news and developments as well as broader social current affairs
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to join an ambitious and versatile music services business shaping the future of consumer music marketing.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter with examples of your recent work, along with your CV and your salary expectations for the role to [email protected]. Please include subject: Head of Radio.
The closing date for applications is 31 MARCH 2022