BESPOKE MUSIC MANAGER / CUSTOM MUSIC MANAGER
6 month contract / Freelance Basis
KARM is a bespoke music agency of a different kind. Born for the TikTok generation and inspired by their creativity and spirit, we make music for brands fun again. Say goodbye to sound off social ads or one size fits all library tracks, and embrace fully customised music.
We are TikTok specialists and their official music partner, but we also create music for TVC, online campaigns, festivals and in-store. Our tracks have been played over 20 billion times across the globe and lipsynced by some of the greatest creators on the planet. Sounds good right?
Working as the Bespoke Music Manager at KARM, you will be working in a multi-disciplined and multi-faceted role – leading bespoke music creations from conception to completion, co-producing and working with both the client and the artists.
- You will act as our in-house composition manager – managing and co-creating with appropriate freelance composers, songwriters and producers to create custom music for our clients while maintaining KARM’s consistently high standards
- Responding to briefing requests from clients in an efficient and enthusiastic manner
- Setting up initial briefing calls with clients to introduce KARM and our services / our ways of working
- Advising clients on the best sound for their campaigns – doing music searches where appropriate
- You will use your talent network for sourcing composers, musicians, vocalists, arrangers – matching the best talent to the job every time
- Briefing and commissioning new projects to the chosen composers / vocalists, working closely alongside them to create demos inline with the clients brief
- Providing creative briefs, detailed and timely feedback, reviewing demos and mixes to ensure quality control prior to delivery
- You will develop and maintain great working relationships with clients, potential clients and composers to ensure their needs are being fully supported and to keep KARM top of mind
- Coordinating production budgets with composers and clients
- Managing music contracts and paperwork associated with projects
- Support clients with all queries including technical, musical and licensing
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- First and foremost, a music lover! Passionate and knowledgeable about music across a wide range of genres – both as music fan and as a co-creator
- You are a TikTok fiend with your finger on the pulse of the latest trending sounds and chart hits
- Ahead of the crowd, you know all of the sounds bubbling under the surface – you can give brands the tip on the next big sound
- Experience working in a client facing / customer focused environment within bespoke music creation / a production music environment
- A highly organised, detail-oriented person, happy working and problem solving in an environment where internal timelines are often affected by aspects of the creative process
- Comfortable and confident talking about music and the industry as a whole to creatives, brand teams, producers and artists
- Enthusiastic and creative, keen to contribute ideas
- A confident, friendly and articulate speaker
- You understand ‘team’ and collaborate with kindness and respect
- Confident but are never arrogant
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and get results
- You want to create great music
- 3+ experience in a similar role, including working with artists and composers or musicians at a creative and technical level
- Experience leading and managing projects with big brands and clients
- Experience within bespoke music background
- Solid understanding of music licensing, composition, production music and the synchronisation industry as a whole
- Solid foundation in music theory topics such as composition, harmony, theory, musical arrangement and lyric writing
- Experience negotiating fees and managing production budgets
- Excellent time, planning and project management skills
- Understanding of and interest in the application of music to picture, particularly, but not limited to, online and social channels like TikTok / Instagram as well as TV and advertising
- Critical listening skills, analysing music and discussing with colleagues and composers using technical and shared / specialist language
- Working from Home – UK based
- Contract for 6 months or on a freelance project basis. We can be flexible.
- Fees Competitive (experience dependent)